Vision and Values
St Joseph’s Southern Cross offers a contemporary Catholic Education that inspires hope and is inclusive of all. Centred on Christ, St Joseph’s provides high quality programs with a strong focus on taking action for good in the world. Students are supported and extended in our innovative curriculum and Staff are committed. Quality teaching and learning is consistently demonstrated and high standards set for every learner. The students learn the social, emotional and academic skills needed for the future. Digital Literacy is a valued learning area where students learn new skills and consolidate those already known. All staff at St Joseph’s strive to ensure communication with the school community is of the highest standard. Staff work collaboratively to promote student success and are encouraged to participate in professional development, to model learning for life, challenge and gain new knowledge.
Our School Crest reminds us that our school continues a tradition of dedication and service brought to Southern Cross by the Presentation Sisters and the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart over 100 years ago. The “S” and the “J” represent the Sisters of St Joseph and the five stars, the stars of the Southern Cross.
Students at St Joseph’s are honest and courageous and strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus
- We respect that we are all different and unique, and are willing to share our talents with others
- We demonstrate fairness to all in our school community
- We engage in active learning in a safe and collaborative environment
- We challenge, motivate and encourage everyone to reach their potential
- We play our role in protecting God’s environment to promote a sustainable future for all